What is your hobby? From slot cars to bird watching, mountain climbing to horseback riding, and fishing to scrapbooking, there are myriad hobbies out there, and most are just as different from one another as the individuals who enjoy them. But they all share one thing in common: they offer a way to break from the everyday stresses of life and give minds and bodies a chance to recharge.
In fact, a recent article in the NY Times addressed this topic head-on. According to the article, Carol Kauffman, an assistant clinical professor at Harvard Medical School, says, “When you’re really engaged in a hobby you love, you lose your sense of time and enter what’s called a flow state, and that restores your mind and energy.” The article goes on to discuss how hobbies enhance on-the-job performance by inspiring ideas that help you at work. It advises individuals to take a break from work and engage the hobby for just five minutes at a time in order to find that burst of creativity or inspiration.
This is where newspaper article mounting comes in. This amazing technology that allows you to capture a piece of history and post it in a custom frame for years to come is the perfect solution for hobbyists seeking ways to preserve pieces of the hobbies that inspire them.
- Slot cars – Frame a newspaper or magazine article about your win in last week’s big race; or you can always use the news of someone else’s big win as inspiration.
- Bird watching – Do you have an interesting article about a rare bird species spotted in your home town? If you did the spotting, then there’s plenty of reason to frame it; but even if not, it can be used as a goal.
- Mountain climbing – A climber just made it to the top of Everest in record time and you want to beat it. Framing his accomplishment sets a benchmark against which you can work.
- Horseback riding – A piece that highlights your favorite horse or breed deserves to be preserved.
- Fishing – Did you catch the lake’s record 18 lb bass and want to make sure it doesn’t go down as a fish tale? Mount the article that documents it.
- Scrapbooking – And, of course, the great thing about newspaper article mounting for scrapbookers is that it allows you to preserve an article on just about any topic you want, and keep it in better condition than a scrapbook.
- And more – Newspaper article mounting can be used for almost every hobby out there.
See how good your hobby will look framed in a custom newspaper article mount. It’s FREE and there’s no obligation to purchase. Just click below for more details.